Friday, August 12, 2011

Love and Relationships

I have spent a lot of time thinking about love, the nature, or perhaps substance, of love, the different types of love etc. It seems to me that love is just love. There is no special form reserved for some people over others. There are certainly different ways of expressing love, but that doesnt change the sense, or the sensation.

It does seem to me that there are different types of resonance though. When I look at my relationships, it is as though I send out a signal that echoes back to me at different frequencies and those frequencies determine the depth of that relationship. That is not to say that it determines the nature of the relationship because, to me, that happens by choice. I have chosen intimate relationships with people whom have echoed a rather superficial signal, and I have chosen relationships with people that were much more superficial even though they reflected a much more dynamic and multifaceted signal.

It depends a lot on energy, and how much I have to put into a relationship and whether or not I am looking for something in particular. Sometimes life gets a little out of balance and the energy someone brings can even things out and take the edge off of a level of incongruity that can arise, making life a little easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment